Construction and Building Unions Superannuation (“CBUS”) who are as of the date of this blog, contracted to (“TAL”) a insurer, to assess all TPD claims.

CBUS are the default superannuation fund for the tradies out there.

What Evidence will Cbus Require

In a nutshell, you must provide Cbus with evidence, such as the initial claim form, 2 medical reports from your treating doctors, that supports that you can no longer work in an occupation for which you are reasonably suited by way of education, training or experience due total permanent injury or illness. In other words, your resume.

However, this is only the start, the TPD process can be onerous and often a lot more information is requested including but not limited to:

  1. Clinical notes from all your treating doctors;
  2. Your statutory benefits claim file if you were on Workcover or receiving benefits under a CTP scheme;
  3. Information from your employer in the form of employer statement;
  4. If self-employed, your BAS, business tax returns, and payslips;
  5. ATO Records;
  6. Medicare Records; and
  7. Centrelink Records.

CBUS Standard TPD Definition 

“The insured person is unable to follow their usual occupation by reason of illness or injury for three consecutive months, and in Our Opinion, after consideration of medical or other evidence satisfactory to us is unlikely to ever engage in any Regular Remunerative work for which the insured person is reasonably suited, having regard to their education, training or experience up to the time of the assessment of the claim.”

WKB TPD Lawyers make sure the I’s are dotted and the t’s are crossed. Unfortunately, TPD claims can be very hard to get approved due to the Insurer not wanting to pay, multiple requests for information, delaying your claim by poor communication practices or requesting you to see multiple specialists.

CBUS TPD claims can be quite complex, it’s very important to contact WKB TPD Lawyers on 1800 865 225 or visit our website to see if you may be eligible.

WKB TPD Lawyers are not a generalist personal injury firm, in fact we only do TPD claims.